|St. John Members in front of the church 1907|
In 1902, a school was built since the schoolroom in the rear of the church had become too small to accommodate the large number of children. The dimensions of the school were 22 by 36 feet with a hall 8 by 8 feet and was built under the direction of members of the School Board: Messrs. H. Schroeder and Christian Neddermeyer, and a committee of 2 elected by the congregation: Messrs. G. Schelm and Wm. Noxel.
In 1912, after Rev. Amstein had taught school for twenty-two years, he was given assistance: Candidate H. Ansorge, who received his education and training at our College at Addison, Illinois (now River Forest), accepted the call extended to him. Rev. Ansorge was installed on the 13th Sunday after Trinity, September 1, 1912. His brother, J. Ansorge of Manning, Iowa delivered the sermon. In 1914, it was necessary to engage the services of a second teacher, Miss Helen Amstein.
|Group picture of St. John Lutheran School students and teachers in 1915|