"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Saint John has been privileged to be a part of our community since it's beginning. We're more than just neighbors, we're not just friends, we're family.
As times change and small rural towns face new challenges, we recognize that God still calls us to support and care for one another. This includes cooperating with our sister LCMS/IDW congregations in neighboring towns in the Mapleton and Denison Circuits.
Fellowships; Ministries and Activities for Families & Community
- July 2018 RAGBRAI homemade pie booth!
- Pre-Marital Pastoral Counseling
- St.John Neighborhood Playground/Park
- Providing free Summer meals for school children when Charter Oak-Ute School is closed for cleaning or repairs.
- Lutheran Women in Mission (LWML)
- Lutheran Youth Fellowship (LYF)
- Annual LYF Thanksgiving Dinner
- Annual LYF Easter Son-Rise Pancake Breakfast
- Annual Family Movie Night
- Annual Family Water Park Day
- Participation in Charter Oak's annual Achievement Days
- Support of American Legion Post #66, 4-H Booster & Achiever & Clover Kids Clubs, Cub Scouts, Charter Oak Senior Center, Charter Oak Commercial and Community clubs.
- 2017 Reformaiton500 Circuit Celebration & "Luther Walk"
- 2016 Charter Oak 125th Celebration
If you would like to volunteer, attend, or participate in any of our events and organizations, please let Pastor, the church office, or committee members know of your interest. If YOU have ideas for events or activities, please let Pastor, one of the Elders or other committee members know!
Neighboring LCMS Congregations
Sister Churches in Our 3-Parish Agreement:
|Mapleton Circuit||Denison Circuit|
Post a Comment