Tuesday, October 05, 2021
- 1:00pm LWML mtg at St.Paul, Hanover TWP
- 3:30pm Confirmation Classes
- 7:30pm Budget Committee mtg
- 9:30am Ricketts Bible Study
- 5:00pm Sunday School at Immanuel, Soldier TWP
- 6:00pm Worship w/ Communion at Immanuel, Soldier TWP
- 8:45am Sunday School
- 9:00am Adult Bible Study
- 10:00am LWML Sunday
- 11:00am Finance Board Mtg
SUN 10/10- TUES 10/12 District Pastor's Conference at Gloria Dei in Urbandale
SAT OCT 30 BENEFIT DINNER FOR BLAKELY CHRISTIANSEN; Silent Auction 4-6pm; Staley's catered meal at 4:00pm. T-Shirts available, contact Brenda Christiansen
Sunday, July 11, 2021
Guest minister; Pastor Keith Haney. Haney serves the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod Iowa District West as the Assistant to the President for Missions, Human Care, and Stewardship. He has been an ordained pastor for 27 years and has served multi-ethnic urban congregations in Detroit, St. Louis, and Milwaukee. Rev. Haney is the author of numerous devotionals, including One Nation Under God: Healing Racial Divides in America. He is also the author of the blog, The Light Breaks Through, where he writes on his study of God's Word. He is married to Miriam (Bickel) Haney and they have six children and one grandchild. https://alightbreaksthrough.org/meet-...
Posted by Ted Mallory at 7:11 PM
Sunday, June 20, 2021
- 6/24-27 LWML National Convention in Lexington, Kentucky
- SAT 6/26: 6PM Worship with Communion at Immannuel, Soldier TWP
- SUN 6/27: 8AM Adult Bible Study @ St. John
- 9AM Worship @ St.John
- OFFICE HOURS CHANGE 8:30AM-Noon M-F while Linda is recovering from surgery
- SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS NEEDED: TK & K; 5-6th Grade. Please let Pastor, the Office, or Sun.Sch. Supt. Peggy Sue Henschen know if you're able to serve.
- CONCORDIA CUB WEEK @ CAMP OKOBOJI: For grades 3-5. July 18-24. Register now for Jr.High Week, grades 6-8 July 11-17 and Youth Week July 25-31
- STEP-UP FOR LIFE: Pastor Merrill ti bike 500 miles in 6 weeks for Lutherans For Life. Donate & keep track of his miles on Chairityfootprints
- TECHNOLOGY GRANT: St.John received a $1,150.00 technology grant from the LCMS to purchase a new computer & digital video camera to allow us to live-stream worship services and archive them to our YouTube channel and to improve the quality of our video recording. Because the equipment is estimated to cost about $5,000.00 a special voters meeting was held after worship Sunday, June 20, 2021 where it was approved to permit the board of Trustees to purchase and install this equipment. If you would like to contribute to the costs, or allocate your Thrivent Choice Dollars or unassigned memorial funds on behalf of your family, please let Church Treasurer Becky Dorale, or the Church office know. Thank you.
- VBS 2021;'Rain-forest Explorers': July 25-29 for PK-6 grade. Volunteers needed! Please help make VBS possible. Contact VBS Director Bethany Mallory to help.