"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ Matthew 28:35-36
Our purpose is to...
Joyfully serve others with love
Ministries of Mercy at St. John or supported by St. John
- Our LWML coordinates collection of food, clothing, and self-care products for the needy, homeless, veterans, and mothers who've suffered miscarriages. They provide meals for luncheons after funerals.
- Quilting Committees produce dozens of quilts each year which are supplied to
- Prayer Chains intercede on behalf of others in need of God's provision, protection, and direction.
- Pastoral visits at hospitals, visitation of shut-ins, and nursing home residents.
- Lutheran Youth Fellowship (LYF)- our youth group frequently participates in community service or church servant activities.
- Human Care Committee coordinates St.John's response to members of our community faced with immediate and urgent need faced with disaster or tragedy.veterans and the needy.
- Orphan Grain Train a Christian volunteer network that ships donated food, clothing, medical and other needed items to people in 67 different countries
- IOWAY Individual Outreach With Adults and Youth connects people to servant activities and events like mission trips, emergency relief training, and human care.
- Lutheran Family Service of Iowa provides counseling, pregnancy, adoption and mental health services to the community.
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service, Since 1939 they've had a passionate commitment to welcoming newcomers, especially those who are most in need.
|St.John LYF members rest from painting a community ballpark in New Orleans as part of the 2016 National Youth Gathering|