Visit our NEW YouTube Channel
- SUN 6/24-TUES 6/26- 40th Convention of the Iowa District West, at Camp Okoboji.
Theme: Colossians 3:14 "And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
- TUES 6/26- Church Office Closed
- THUR-SAT 6/28-6/30- LWML District Conventnion at Camp Okoboji. Theme: Colossians 3:14 "And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
- FRI 6/29- 6:00pm Wedding Rehearsal
- SAT 6/30- 4:00pm Shelby Goslar & Shane Veasey Wedding
- 6:00pm Worship at Immanuel, Soldier TWP
- SUN 7/1- 8:00am Adult Bible Class
- 9:00am Worship with Communion (Mite Box Sunday)
- 1:00pm Pastor Merrill preaching at Denison Care Center
- 2:00pm Pastor at Eventide Lutheran Home
- 2:45pm Pastor at Silveridge
- COLLECTING FOR THE LWML CONVENTION:
- New Washclothes
- Travel-size toothpaste
- Travel size deodorant
- $5 McDonald's gift cards- please give these to Linda or leave them in the church office.
The sundry items go to those in need, delivered through Hope Ministries in Des Moines. The gift cards are for veterans. There will be a basket in the lobby area for donations. Thank you for your generous hearts.
- JUNE Immanuel Soldier Township
- JULY- St. Paul, Hanover Township
- AUG- St. Luke Ricketts
CAMP OKOBOJI- Christian Summer Camps. Registration forms available in the church office, or visit www.campokoboji.org for more information on the following camps:
July 8-14 Junior High Week
July 15-21 Concordia Cubs Week (Grades 3-5)
July 22-18 Youth Week (high school)
VACANCY NEWS- Pastor Merrill continues to serve the vacancy at the Triple Parish (Immanuel, Soldier TWP/St. Luke, Ricketts/St. Paul, Hanover TWP). St. Luke's voters assembly have elected to dissolve, this will be a gradual process including special services this upcoming September. Immanuel/St.Paul are discussing ways to continue including approaching other congregations in the Circuit such as St. John, St. Paul, Ute, St.Matthew Mapleton or Emmanuel, Schleswig. Please keep the Triple Parish members and leadership in your prayers for God's continued guidance in this time of transition. Triple Parish services for the Summer months will be held 6:00PM on Saturday Nights. Locations will rotate as follows:
RAGBRAI SUN July 22- Pie & Ice Cream Concessions Stand being planned. Volunteers Needed! Please contact Eugenie Friedrichs for details.
If you received a call from one of the St. John RAGBRAI Committee members about baking pies for our vendor booth, we want to thank you for your help. We appreciate it. We know that we will have the freshest, tastiest and most memorable pies in Crawford County on Jully 22. We also want to let everyone know who received a call but are unable to make pies, you can still help us with financial support. Please make checks payable to St. John Charter Oak and write "RAGBRAI" on the memo line and bring them to Linda in the office. Thank you.
Eugenie Friedrichs: Cell: 267 0408 e-mail: email@example.com