- Mon Mar.3- 8:00am LYF Prayer & Donuts
- Tues Mar.4- 6:30am Men's Bible Study
- Wed Mar.5- 9:00am Ladies Lenten Retreat
"Your Strong Suit" video series bases on Ephesians 6 armor of God. Materials cost $7.50. Please call the church office or sign up in the lobby to let us know you're coming.
- 3:30pm Confirmation
- 5:30pm Sunday School Supper
- 7:00pm Ash Wednesday Midweek Worship with Communion
- Thr Mar.6- 1:30pm LWML Meeting
- Sat Mar.8- Spring Forward, Daylight Savings (turn your clocks ahead one hour)
- Sun Mar.9- 8:45am Sunday School & Bible Class
- 10:00am Worship
- 11:00am Finance Board Meeting
- 6:00pm Adult Instruction Class
Interested in becoming a member of St.John? Or in a review of Lutheran teachings? Please let Pastor know if you'd like to join this weekly class on Sunday nights.
- 7:00pm Lenten Bible Class
Video-based series, "The COMPassion of the Christ," featuring Dr. Paul Maier, LCMS Pastor and History Professor Emeritus of Western Michigan University. In-depth look at Jesus passion week, crucifixion & resurrection. Please sign up in the church lobby if you're interested.
- ASH WEDNESDAY SUPPER- Served by the Sunday School beginning at 5:30pm; Italian Pasta Casserole, Ham & Cheesy Potato Casserole, green beans, Jello, bread, bars & cookies. Free will offering.
- LENTEN WORSHIP- Midweek services will be held every Wednesday during Lent at 7:00pm. St. John is participating in a rotation with other congregations in the Mapleton Circuit. Each week one of the neighboring pastors will bring a different message in the series.
The theme this year is "CrossWords," based on the seven words spoken by Jesus from the cross.
- March 5- Luke 23:43 "Today, you will be with me in Paradise"- Pastor Merrill
- March 12- John 19:25-27 "Behold your Son; Behold your mother"- Rev. Marcus Manley, St. Paul, Ute
- March 19- Matthew 27:46 "My God, My God, why have You forsaken me?"- Rev. Randall Cormeny St.John, Battle Creek
- March 26- John 19:30- "I thirst" Rev. Adam Pack, St. Paul, Ida Grove
- April 2- John 19:30 "It is finished!" Rev. Richard Salcido, St.Paul, Ida Grove
- April 9- Luke 23:46 "Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit." Rev. Scott Jensen, St. Matthew, Mapleton
- LENTEN DEVOTIONAL FOR FAMILIES- may be picked up on the counter in the church lobby. Devotions begin on Ash Wednesday.
- CONTEMPORARY CHORUS- Service of Thanksgiving for 25 years of St.John's Contemporary Chorus, March 30, 2014. Practices set for March 16 & 23 after worship, and March 19 & 26 after Midweek services. If you ever sang in the CC before, we invite you to join us again as we lift our voices in praise of Him who blesses us abundantly.
- AREA LYF MINI LOCK-IN- 7:00pm-Midnight, at St.John, Charter Oak, Friday, March 28. Grades 9-12; St.John, St.Paul Ute, Triple-Parish Ricketts, Immanuel Schleswig, Faith Deloit, & St. John Kiron. The theme is "Whose U R," presented by Shelly McMullen of Our Savior, Denison. Games, food, and devotions. More information coming soon, but mark your calendars now.
- AREA LYF VISIT TO CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, SEWARD- Open to all high school students, but especially recommended for Sophomores & Juniors considering college choices. March 20-21 led by Rev. Loeschen, Our Savior, Denison. If there is enough interest from St.John, Pastor Merrill may go along too.
- SCHOLARSHIP- Senior Boys planning on attending Iowa State, check in the church office about the Darryl Jahn Memorial Scholarships.
- FAMILY DAY AT KING'S POINTE WATERPARK- Sponsored by the Board of Ed. Sunday March 30. Leaving together from church at Noon. Cost $7.00 (7.49 after tax) Sign-up in the lobby. Guests welcome.