- Thy Strong Word
- Wed Mar. 26- 9:00am Ladies Lenten Retreat
- 3:30pm Confirmation
- 7:00pm Midweek Worship, LYF serving refreshments after
- Choir Practice after worship
- Fri Mar 28- 6:00pm LYF setup for lock-in
- 7:00pm-Midnight; Area LYF Lock-In
- Sun Mar.30- 8:45am Sunday School & Bible Class
- 10:00am Worship with Contemporary Choir
- 6:00pm Adult Instruction Class
Interested in becoming a member of St.John? Or in a review of Lutheran teachings? Please let Pastor know if you'd like to join this weekly class on Sunday nights.
- 7:00pm Lenten Bible Class
Video-based series, "The COMPassion of the Christ," featuring Dr. Paul Maier, LCMS Pastor and History Professor Emeritus of Western Michigan University. In-depth look at Jesus passion week, crucifixion & resurrection. Please sign up in the church lobby if you're interested.
- NEEDED; Youth & Adult Readers for Palm Sunday- Pastor is looking for up to ten men and three or four women to read parts of the April 13 Gospel lesson. Volunteers will read the parts of various characters in the passion story like Peter, Judas, the Chief Priest, etc. Most parts are pretty short! If you'd be willing to read, please let Pastor know. Thank you.
- LENTEN WORSHIP- Midweek services will be held every Wednesday during Lent at 7:00pm. St. John is participating in a rotation with other congregations in the Mapleton Circuit. Each week one of the neighboring pastors will bring a different message in the series.
The theme this year is "CrossWords," based on the seven words spoken by Jesus from the cross.
- March 26- John 19:30- "I thirst" Rev. Adam Pack, St. Paul, Ida Grove
- April 2- John 19:30 "It is finished!" Rev. Richard Salcido, St.Paul, Ida Grove
- April 9- Luke 23:46 "Father, into Your hands I commend my spirit." Rev. Scott Jensen, St. Matthew, Mapleton
- BASKETS OF PROMISE (for Lutheran World Relief)- We're collecting supplies each week during Lent that will be made into personal care kits given to people around the world; We're looking for Bars of Soap, Bath Towels, Toothbrushes, Combs, and Nail Clippers. Please bring these items to the collection box in the church lobby. Thank You.
- LENTEN DEVOTIONAL FOR FAMILIES- may be picked up on the counter in the church lobby. Devotions begin on Ash Wednesday.
- CONTEMPORARY CHORUS- Service of Thanksgiving for 25 years of St.John's Contemporary Chorus, March 30, 2014. Practice set for March 26 after Midweek services. If you ever sang in the CC before, we invite you to join us again as we lift our voices in praise of Him who blesses us abundantly.
- AREA LYF MINI LOCK-IN- 7:00pm-Midnight, at St.John, Charter Oak, Friday, March 28. Grades 9-12; St.John, St.Paul Ute, Triple-Parish Ricketts, Immanuel Schleswig, Faith Deloit, & St. John Kiron. The theme is "Whose U R," presented by Shelly McMullen of Our Savior, Denison. Games, food, and devotions. More information coming soon, but mark your calendars now.
- AREA LYF VISIT TO CONCORDIA UNIVERSITY, SEWARD- Open to all high school students, but especially recommended for Sophomores & Juniors considering college choices. March 20-21 led by Rev. Loeschen, Our Savior, Denison. If there is enough interest from St.John, Pastor Merrill may go along too.
- FAMILY DAY AT KING'S POINTE WATERPARK- Sponsored by the Board of Ed. Sunday March 30. Leaving together from church at Noon. Cost $7.00 (7.49 after tax) Sign-up in the lobby. Guests welcome.
St.Johns' Thy Strong Word fund is running low and it will soon be our turn to pay our share. We need your help, please give to the fund, be sure to mark 'Thy Strong Word' on the memo line when you bring your check to the church office. Thank You. Pastor Merrill will be hosting the 'Thy Strong Word' program on KDSN radio this week Mon- Sat, March 24-30, at 6:25AM. Start your day off with this devotion on God's Word. http://www.kdsnradio.com
Post a Comment