MON-SAT Nov. 25- Dec. 2, 6:25AM Pastor Merrill hosts 'Thy Strong Word' on KDSN 107.1FM/1530AM, FYI-We need funding to help pay KDSN for this program. If you would like to make a donation toward 'Thy Strong Word,' please let either the office or KDSN know. Thank You. Start your day off with this devotion on God's Word. http://www.kdsnradio.com
- WED 11/28- 3:30PM Confirmation
- THRS 11/29- 9:30AM Ricketts Community Bible Study
- SAT 12/1- 6:00PM Worship at Immanuel, Soldier TWP
- SUN 12/2- 8:45AM Sunday School & Bible Study
- 10:00AM Worship with Communion (LWML Mite Box Sunday)
- 11:00AM-12:30PM LWML Cookie & Candy Bazaar
- NEED A LARGE PRINT BULLETIN? Just ask an usher.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR WINTER SNOW REMOVAL; We'll need tractors & loaders to scoop the parking areas. If you're interested, please let us know in the office. The more volunteers we have, the less any one person will need to do it. Thank you.
- ADVENT DEVOTION BOOKS are available on the counter in the entryway. 37 days of devotions guide you from December 1 through Epiphany (January 6). What Child Is This? The angel answers the question this way in the presence of the shepherds: “a Savior, who is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:11). The hymnwriter answers it this way: “This, this is Christ the king” (LSB 370:1). They both want to leave us with no doubt regarding the identity of this Child. This year CPH is also offering an E-Book edition online
Many necessities can't be purchased with food stamps (Supplemental Nutrition Aid Program SNAP); paper towels, toilet paper, diapers and personal care items like soap, shampoo and laundry detergent. So, donations of these kinds of donations are particularly welcome.
Cash donations are also very helpful as they enable TAP to buy in quantity and take advantage of sales. They buy ONLY food. If you'd like to give a monetary donation, please give it to Linda Kuhlmann, our church secretary, who will make sure that it goes to TAP at the end of the month.
St.John's donation location is the table underneath the bulletin boards in the front entrance, between the offices and the Fellowship Hall. TAP is located at 210 S. 25th Street. in Denison and is open Mon-Thr 9:00AM-Noon. Or call Connie McGee if you have questions at 263-3538.
If you have adult-sized clothing to donate, TAP asks that you take them to West Central Community Action at 145 N. 7th Street in Denison. PH: 712-263-3538. HOURS: M - F, 9:00 - 3:00
Sunday, December 2
Come fill your box with lots of goodies!
Just $6 per pound.
Cookie & Candy Donations Welcomed
Please bring your treats you're contributing to church by Noon On Saturday, Dec. 1
Wednesdays December 5, 12, & 19at 7:00PM
Pre-Worship Carolling at 6:45PM
Post a Comment