VBS This Week- We Appreciate Your Prayers for 'Splash Canyon' our Vacation Bible School beginning Sunday, July 29 thru Thursday, August 2. Ask God to bring children to our program so that they can know and grow in Jesus our Savior. Ask God to strengthen and encourage our leaders and volunteers for this important mission. Please cover our experience with safety and joy.
VBS SNACKS NEEDED: We still need some volunteers to help us with bars and treats for our snack time each day and then for our closing celebration on Thursday. Please sign up in the church lobby. Thank you.
VBS CRAFT SUPPLIES NEEDED: Foam shapes; dark greene tissue paper; colored sand (red, yellow orange); paper towel tubes. Please call Peggy Sue 253 - 5972
- MON-THURS 7/30-8/2- 5:45PM VBS Sack Lunch, 6:00PM VBS
- THRS 8/2- 8:00PM VBS CLOSING PROGRAM
YOU'RE INVITED! Come and let the children lead you in praising God & let them show & tell you what they've learned this week. See the projects they made & enjoy some refreshments following the program. EVERYONE'S WELCOME (not just parents & family of VBS attendees)
- SAT 8/4- 6:00PM Worship at St. Luke's, Ricketts
- SUN 8/5- No Adult Bible Class in August
- 9:00AM Worship with Communion (LWML Mite Box Sunday)
- 1:00PM Pastor preaching at Denison Care Center
- 2:00PM Pastor at Eventide
- 2:45Pm Pastor at Silveridge
- SCHOOL LUNCHES- July 30- August 3, 11:30AM-1:00PM St. John is providing free lunches for the children of Charter Oak while COU school is closed for cleaning. The first four days are the same as St.John's VBS. We're seeking volunteers to help with meals again this year. Children are always very appreciative and sometimes we even have guests from other communities. If you'd be willing to help with a meal for a day, please sign up on the counter in the church lobby or let Linda inn the office know.
- LWML COLLECTING SCHOOL SUPPLIES for COU students this Fall. Items needed include; Crayons (16 or 24); Scissors (blunt tip); folders; notebooks; Elmer's glue (4oz); pink erasers; Kleenex; dry-erase markers; Crayola markers; #2 pencils; colored pencils; black & blue ballpoint pens; highlighters; and backpacks. Many kids get the things they need to begin the school year but many don't. Help us give ALL kids a chance. There is a basket in the walkway for donations. Thank you.
- HELP NEEDED- Four children need clothing for school. Boy (1); Pant size 8, Shirt size 8-10
Boy (2); Pants size 8, Shirt size 7-8, Boy (3); Pants size 5, Shirt size 5-6, Girl; Pants size 4-5, Shirt 4-5. If you can help please leave items with Linda in the church office.