Pastor's Sermon on YouTube: 2018 JULY 1 "Bound Together in Christ's Love"Based on the 2018 Iowa District West (IDW) Convention theme verse, Colossians 3:12-17
- TUES JULY 3- 6:30AM Men's Bible Study
- 4:00PM LWML Meeting
- WED JULY 4 Independence Day; Offices Closed
- THUR JULY 5- 7:30PM Church Council Meeting
- SAT JULY 7- 6:00PM Worship with communion at St.Paul, Hanover TWP
- SUN JULY 8- 800AM Adult Bible S tudy
- 9:00AM Worship
- 10:00AM Finance Board Mtg.
- THUR JULY 12- 7:30PM Quarterly Voters Meeting
- In order to create uniform pie size & depth and to eliminate the need to wash dishes, we have purchased disposable foil pie pans for you. Please pick up yours in the church lobby as soon as possible.
- There is a sign up form next to the pie pans to let us know who you are and how many of what kind of pies you're baking. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE: MEETING SCHEDULE CHANGES- The July church council and voters meetings will be held on Thursdays this month due to the Fourth of July holiday and the Charter Oak Achievement Days
SCHOOL LUNCHES- For three years now, St. John has been providing free lunches for the children of Charter Oak while COU school is closed for cleaning. We have the opportunity to do it again this year. This year there are 5 days the school will not be open for lunches- July 30- August 3. The first four days are the same as St.John's VBS. We're seeking volunteers to help with meals again this year. Children are always very appreciative and sometimes we even have guests from other communities. If you'd be willing to help with a meal for a day, please sign up on the counter in the church lobby or let Linda inn the office know.
RAGBRAI SUN July 22- Pie & Ice Cream Concessions Stand being planned. Volunteers Needed! Please contact Eugenie Friedrichs for details.
If you received a call from one of the St. John RAGBRAI Committee members about baking pies for our vendor booth, we want to thank you for your help. We appreciate it. We know that we will have the freshest, tastiest and most memorable pies in Crawford County on Jully 22. We also want to let everyone know who received a call but are unable to make pies, you can still help us with financial support. Please make checks payable to St. John Charter Oak and write "RAGBRAI" on the memo line and bring them to Linda in the office. Thank you.
Eugenie Friedrichs: Cell: 267 0408 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ATTENTION ALL RAGBRAI PIE BAKERS:
Christian Summer Camps. Registration forms available in the church office, or visit www.campokoboji.org for more information on the following camps:
July 8-14 Junior High Week
July 15-21 Concordia Cubs Week (Grades 3-5)
July 22-18 Youth Week (high school)
VACANCY NEWS- Pastor Merrill continues to serve the vacancy at the Triple Parish (Immanuel, Soldier TWP/St. Luke, Ricketts/St. Paul, Hanover TWP). Voters of St. Luke, Rickets have voted to dissolve as a congregation.St. Luke will host Triple Parish services in August. The final two services as St. Luke as a congregation will be inn September.
- SUN SEP 16 - 2:00PM Celebration Service featuring Pastor Gene Ernst preaching and Pastor Tim Frank leading music.
- SUN SEP 30- Official Closing with Iowa District West President Rev. Steve Turner
- Representatives of the Triple Parish met with St. John's Board of Elders on June 20 to discuss the possibility of forming a partnership with St. John. A report will be given at the July 12 Voter's Meeting and we will entertain the initial questions or concerns before we continue discussions with the two remaining congregations of the Triple Parish.
- Please keep the Triple Parish members and leadership in your prayers for God's continued guidance in this time of transition. Triple Parish services for the Summer months will be held 6:00PM on Saturday Nights.
- JULY- St. Paul, Hanover Township
- AUG- St. Luke Ricketts
Vacation Bible School (VBS)"Splash Canyon;
God's Promises on Life's Wild Ride"
July 29-August 2, 6:00-8:30
All children ages preschool (potty trained) - grade 6 invited
Free brown bag snack @ 5:45 each evening
Call or text Bethany @ 269.5970
or Linda at 678.3630
Life is full of thrills and spills! We don't know what's around the bend, but God does! As Splash Canyon VBS God's children of all ages learn the good news that God is with us and keeps His promises to us on all of life's wild ride. As staff members for Splash Canyon VBS, you have fun and share the Splash Canyon message with kids. If you can help full time or part time, we have ways to be involved that fit your schedule and gifts. Please call Bethany Mallory at 269 -5970 for more information.
We appreciate your prayers for Splash Canyon VBS! Please ask God to bring children to our program so that they can know and grow in Jesus, our Savior! Ask God to provide leaders and helpers for this important mission. Thank you!