Lenten services are held every Wednesday during Lent beginning at 7 p.m. at St. John. St. Paul and Immanuel will be joining us for midweek services again this year.
The theme of this year's midweek Lenten series is "Ironies of the Passion." Each week we will look at an ironic or unexpected aspect of the passion account in order to learn about the unique and lasting significance of Jesus' suffering, death and resurrection.
- March 11 Not During the Festival (Matthew 26:1-5)
- March 18 He Had Been Wanting to See Jesus (Luke 23:6-12)
- March 25 We Have No King But Caesar! (John 19:12-16a)
- April 1 Don't You Fear God? (Luke 23:39-43)
- April 5 Palm Sunday (8:15 am at St. Paul, 10:00 am at St. John)
Do You Hear What These Children Are Saying? (Matthew 21 :12-17)
- April 9 Maundy Thursday (5:30 pm at St. Paul, 7:00p.m. at St. John)
Do This In Remembrance of Me (1 Corinthians 11 :23-29)
- April 10 Good Friday Tenebrae (7 pm at St. John)
He Said, I Will Rise Again (Matthew 27:62-66)
- April 12 Easter Sunday Son-Rise (6:30am at St. John)
LYF Easter Breakfast at St. John immediately following
Easter Festival Service (8:15am at Immanuel, 10:30am at St. John) Why Do You Look for the Living Among the Dead? (Luke 24:4-8)