Hebrews 13:8 'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.' 135 Years of Offering With Open Arms,
the Love of Jesus
MON 6/6-SAT 6/11 6:25AM Pastor Merrill hosts 'Thy Strong Word' on 1530AM KDSN
- MON 6/13- 6:00PM 125th Set-Up (Everyone welcome)
- WED 6/15- 8:00PM Elders' Meeting
- FRI 6/17- 3:30PM Opening Ceremony of Charter Oak's 125th at Veterans' Memorial South of HWY 141
- SAT 6/18- 10:00AM-6:00PM Food Service in Fellowship Hall
- 11:00AM 125th Parade Begins
- 2:00PM Shriners' Men's Chorus perform at St.John
- BE HERE FOR THE PARADE- Watch for St. John's float, catch a Frisbee, later have your picture taken by the float as it will be parked outside the church and maybe on Sunday too, if weather permits. Some bleachers will be available or you may bring a lawn chair to watch the parade. Pastor & Steve Beeck will be announcers as the parade passes by St. John on Birch Ave.
- VISIT OUR ARCHIVE WALL & SEE OTHER HISTORY- On display. In addition to our 'Archive Wall' in the Fellowship Hall, Don & Nadine Friedichs will have an additional display of Charter Oak memorabilia.
- COME DINE WITH US- Saturday June 18th we will serving BBQ pork & plain pork sandwiches, hot dogs, beans, chips, fresh baked pies, ice cream, pop & coffee. Tickets may be purchased at the church.
- SUN 6/19- 8:00AM Adult Bible Class (Acolytes: Taryn and Ellen)
- 9:00AM Worship/St.John's 135th Anniversary Celebration
- Pastor will deliver a message based on Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow." The Kuhlmann Sisters will sing, a chimes choir will perform, as will other instrumental accompanists.
- Following worship, commemorative fluted cup will be given out to those in attendance, with a picture of the church on one side and the 'Witness, Mercy & Life Together logo on the other, filled with a pen, bookmark and candy.
- Be sure to stop by a table in the Fellowship Hall to pick up a copy of "Sowing Seeds of Salvation Through Stained Glass,' a booklet on the history of St. John's stained glass windows.
- CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT THE HISTORY OF ST.JOHN LUTH.CH.