- THURS 7/19- Office closed until Noon
- SUN 7/22- 8:00AM Adult Bible Study
- 9:00AM Worship
- Pastor will be in Wisconsin Sunday, July 29 for a wedding. Rev. Steve Bensen, IDW Chaplain in Sioux City will be our guest pastor. There will not be adult Bible study that morning
- Sunday School Teachers Needed- 2 each 3&4th and 7&8th grades. Also needed, memory work listener. Please call Sunday School Superintendent Peggy Sue Henschen at 885-1000 Thank You.
- VBS Help Needed- 'The Amazing Desert Adventure' Vacation Bible School July 29-Aug 2. Volunteers still needed. Free Will offerings to defray costs are being collected at each worship service until VBS begins. Supplies also needed, see the poster in the church lobby; 8x8 canopy tent, striped or dark colored sheets, large pillows, large wicker baskets, and bars/cookies/treats for all five nights. Please call VBS Director Bethany Mallory 678-3397
- Sewing seeds of the Gospel- A Lutheran congregation in Texas is accepting working used sewing machines for an outreach to Muslim women. Call the church office if you have sewing machines to donate.
- Recycling Reminder- the LWML collects used computer printer cartridges, cell phones, MP3 players, iPods, GPS systems, game consoles, digital cameras & batteries to recycle & raise funds for missions projects. Please bring yours to the drop-off box in the church lobby.
- Remember to mark your pledges- When you write a check for your Building Fund Pledge or making a new donation, please mark your check "Building Fund" on the memo line so that the Finance committee can direct it to the right account. If you put money in an envelope toward your pledge, please put your name on it so that it is credited toward your pledge. Money from the Building Fund is approx $125K short of expected costs. If all pledges come in, we may still need $56K.Please prayerfully consider what you could give to help finish the new fellowship hall.
Sunday, July 15, 2012
This Week @ St.John
Pastor at Cub Week, Camp Okoboji this week- please contact the church office if you have any pastoral needs