Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 22. Midweek services will be held every Wednesday during Lent beginning at 7:00pm. The Ash Wednesday service will be a communion service. Once again, St. John will be participating in a rotation with other congregations in the Mapleton Circuit. Each week one of the neighboring pastors will bring a different message in the series.
The theme of this year's midweek Lenten series is "The Trials of Jesus." The series pictures a courtroom scene where Jesus is on trial facing the charge that He is the Son of God. Each week a different "voice" will be heard as a witness telling what he saw and heard during the events that led to Jesus' crucifixion and death.
The schedule for St. John:
- FEB 22- "The Voice of Herod" _ Pastor Merrill
- FEB 29- "The Voice of Pilate" - Pastor G. Bucholz (vacancy pastor at St. Paul, Ute)
- MAR 07- To Be Announced
- MAR 14- "The Voice of Satan" - Pastor Richard Salcido (St. Paul, Ida Grove)
- MAR 21- "The Voice of Judas" - Pastor Timothy Frank (Triple Parish/Ricketts)
- MAR 28- "The Voice of Caiaphas" - Pastor Scott Jensen (St. Matthew, Mapleton)